Wednesday, February 18, 2009

newest project.



so my swedican friend julie just finished making a blanket for her sister's newest baby boy. hearing her talk about got me inspired to try my hand at the baby-blanket-making thing too! fred and i have friend's that are expecting a baby bean in about a month (gender yet to be known!) so this is a perfect time for me to experiment. i printed out instructions from martha stewart's website for a "simple baby quilt" and bought this fabric today. i thought it was pretty neutral...and i think the baby's room is decorated in blues and reds. and plus, penguins are pretty much the cutest little things (besides babies, of course). hoping to get started this week! wish me luck!

2 comments:

venessa said...

oh i love the penguins!!! i can't wait to see the finishd project:)

Lindsey said...

I am so proud of you!!! Now come over and we can quilt together! And Brava for trying this yourself! So proud.