Friday, December 5, 2008

still posting journals from 4 years ago because it's fun and they remind me of home.


Monday, October 4, 2004

Dear Friend,

Today was the first day I’ve been sick in over two years. Where the hell do you find an immune system like that? It’s been said that much is 20/20 in hindsight. I’m finding that to be true. Maybe being raised in the ghetto years ago gave me the immune system of an army today. Today’s journal is dedicated to my unsanitary youth. I owe my healthy present and future to you.

I think I was awake for approximately 3 hours today. And in those 3 hours I mustered up the energy to file my bill receipts for the past five months, make eight cards, frame and hang four pictures, and wipe out a load of laundry...all while sipping a cup of hot chamomile and orange blossom tea. I amaze myself.

Lying in bed for the rest of the day was a treat. Though the restless part of me wanted to escape out my bedside window and enjoy the lovely weather on the other side of the glass and blinds. I resisted and slipped back into a dream, which I ought to do once again.

Good Night,
Jessie

it's definitely been a while since i've been sick...love that hulk hogan of an immune system!

No comments: