Friday, December 5, 2008

my last 'old journal' post.



so the last 8 posts, plus this one, are all from a journal i kept on my ibook starting 4 years ago. i wrote in it for about a year or so. when i came across it this morning, i was so enamored by all that i was thinking and feeling and experiencing 4 years ago...it all felt so close. and i was reminded so much of the me i was, the me i am, where i've come from, and where i am today...

Wednesday, September 7, 2005

Dear Friend,

I love getting up early. I guess you could say that I’m a morning person. But I dunno if that's a fair statement because I’m just as much an afternoon and evening and night person...I guess I’m an all day person. But early mornings in the sunny summer or foggy fall (my use of alliteration for the week) are glorious. I took a few pictures of the light coming through my blinds when I woke up. It's been a perfectly good Wednesday morning. My ipod, chai tea, and I just took a stroll down to t-street. Got some pretty good shots...the water was so blue. I stood and stared at the ocean for what must have been about 10 or 15 minutes...just mesmerized. I was born here...in the same city...22 years ago and still can't grasp it all. It’s a beautiful place, that's about all I can say.

So...about the whole job thing. Looks like I’m gonna take a different job after all. To bring you up to speed, I had recently taken a position as a photographer at a children's portrait studio. 2 days later I got an offer to work at a friend's restaurant. The photo gig had me so excited, but only because photography is what I wanna do...it IS what I do. But after much thought and consideration, I realized that PORTRAIT photography isn't really my deal. My passion is more for journalistic, travel, or freelance photography. The studio's in Tustin too...which isn't exactly a hop, skip, and a jump away...and with gas prices climbing the way they are, I got a hold of my sensible side and decided that maybe this just wasn't my golden ticket. Charlie knows what's up.

SO...I go to the restaurant today to see about a schedule...most likely full-time...may pick up some photo assisting on the side. I couldn't be more excited. In fact, I’m so excited, I’m egg-sided. How’s that for 9am humor? As mentioned earlier, I enjoy mornings (and afternoons and evenings, etc.)...especially outdoors. I’ll be working at the harbor in Dana Point...waitressing and doing whatever else...mostly outside on the patio. The water is less than 10 feet from me and the boats cruise by all day. I’m still not sure it's legal to call something this glorious a job...but I guess that's what we'll call it for now. Love love love the sound of it already.

Your Friend,
Jessie

If you never stop when you wave goodbye
You just might find if you give it time
You will wave hello again
You just might wave hello again...

No comments: