Sunday, September 7, 2008

each other.


i had an english teacher my freshman year in high school who made such an impression on my life that i still think of his wise words to this day. i remember in one class, he told us about how his father had always told him that 'if you can live and die with 5 really great friends...true and genuine friends...the ones that are always there...you are blessed.' i've never forgotten that. perhaps that i have always preferred a few close friends than a large group, it rang more true to me. whatever the case, i've thought of those words so often in the past 11 years since.

i think about where i am today and my number is greater than 5. and never a day goes by that i don't count how blessed i am to have the friends i do. friends that share in my joys, sorrows, exciting times and friends that allow me to do the same for them. friends that continue to remind me how relationships with good people...great people...can change your life.

my dear venessa sent me these inspiring words this morning from a book she's reading...

"Remember to be gentle with yourself and others. We are all children of chance, and none can say why some fields will blossom while others lay brown beneath the August sun. Care for those around you. Look past your differences. Their dreams are no less than yours, their choices in life no more easily made.
And give. Give in any way you can, of whatever you possess. To give is to love. To withhold is to wither. Care less for your harvest than for how it is shared, and your life will have meaning and your heart will have peace."

we are here for each other.

No comments: